Birmingham City Council is looking for a senior manager to assist with the operational management for the Revenues Service, primarily on the Council Tax side of the business. Maximising income collection through the efficient collection of council tax and business rates has never been more important to a Local Authority. That’s why we are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with drive, determination and an eye for innovation to support the Head of Revenues in meeting the many challenges that lie ahead for the country’s largest Local Authority.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience of working in local taxation collection. You will lead a large team of officers, supported by a management team to ensure that the council’s income from council tax and business rates is maximised for the benefit of the citizens of Birmingham.
The successful applicant will manage a diverse operation and will be expected to bring experience as well as new ideas and approaches to revenues collection.
Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will ideally need:-
• Management experience in collection of council tax and business rates;
• An understanding of the factors affecting local taxation collection;
• The ability to implement successful change strategies;
• Excellent communication skills and able to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders;
• An appetite for change, being inquisitive and willing to drive new ways or working;
• To be a team player contributing to wider Council strategies;
• Committed to delivering exception levels of customer service.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
“Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non UK and non EU applicants are required to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must be approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) before any employment offer can be confirmed.”
Copyright © 2020 · All Rights Reserved · Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation