We have an exciting new opportunity for an Empty Homes Officer to lead the development, implementation and delivery of Solihull Council’s Empty Homes Strategy.
By providing specialist advice, information and support, the Empty Homes Officer will assist owners in returning their empty properties back into use.
As Empty Homes Officer you will:
- Trace and communicate with owners of empty properties in order to facilitate a return to occupation.
- Develop and deliver new initiatives and incentives to encourage the return of empty properties.
- Develop marketing, publicity and media activities in relation to the Empty Homes Strategy.
- Provide monthly performance statistics on progress.
You will have:
- Experience of developing and implementing empty homes initiatives to return properties back into use.
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and undertaking visits to customers.
- Experience of partnership working / working with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of developing publicity materials including letters, leaflets and website / social media updates.
In return, this role offers the opportunity to be involved in a high profile initiative on behalf of Solihull Council, and be fundamental in ensuring the success of our Empty Homes Strategy.
We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including a staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Joanne Robinson, Head of Income and Awards, on 0121 704 8119
APPLY NOW --> http://bit.ly/EmptyHomesOfficer
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date - 12th February 2020.