We have a unique and exciting new opportunity for a Business Manager to provide business management expertise for Solihull Council’s Revenues & Benefits (Income & Awards) division.
Our Income & Awards division are responsible for the billing and collection of Council Tax, Business Rates, Sundry Income and the assessment of Housing Benefit, Local Council Tax Reduction and financial assessments for adult social care and children’s services.
This is a brand new role covering all areas of Income and Awards and will be overseeing large scale transformation projects; redesigning processes to support our digital ambitions with the customer at the heart of everything we do.
As Revenues & Benefits Business Manager you will:
• Motivate & lead service managers and team members to focus on service outcomes and customer focused processes.
• Coordinate and manage service reviews and other performance initiatives ensuring these are delivered to timescale, budget and contractual commitments.
• Manage and embed continuous improvement and identify innovative solutions including the maximisation of existing resources and software.
You will have:
• IRRV Professional Diploma or the ability to demonstrate through extended experience an equivalent level of knowledge of revenues and/or benefits legislation.
• ILM Level 5 in Service Improvement or equivalent knowledge in the practical application of service improvement methodology.
• Experience of managing income and/or awards related functions at a senior level.
• Experience of successful project management linked to customer focused processes / services.
In return, this role is varied and challenging and offers the successful applicant the opportunity to be a key part of some high profile projects and continuously improve our services.
We also offer:
• Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
• The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Employee benefits including a staff discount card
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Joanne Robinson, Head of Income & Awards on 0121 704 8119.
Apply now --> http://bit.ly/RBBusinessManager
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Interview Date - 4th February 2020.
Copyright © 2020 · All Rights Reserved · Institute of Revenues Rating and Valuation